Thriving gardens don’t just happen. As nice as that would be, a truly productive garden stems from good planning, hard work, and nurturing. Read on for some tips and resources that will help you plant an amazing garden that is a pleasure to behold—and to work in.
What’s Your Type?
Chances are you’re starting with some idea of what you would like to grow in your garden. Take a moment to think about all the types of gardens that are out there, as well as what suits you best.
- What aesthetic style suits your property and preferences?
- Consider what purpose your garden will serve.
- Think about the growing arrangement you prefer as well.
- You can even grow an indoor garden if you live in an apartment or condo.
Consider Plant Health
Without proper considerations, your plants might not thrive, or even survive. Ensure they have the best possible growing conditions, regardless of your arrangement.
- Plants pull nutrients from the soil, so have yours tested to verify quality.
- Sun exposure is an important aspect of growing healthy plants.
- Know what growing zone you live in.
- If you’re adding soil to a raised bed or container, learn about what choices you should make.
- Learn how to minimize pests and diseases.
Tools and Tricks
Whether your garden sprawls around your landscape or is in a handful of pots, there are tools and tricks that will help you stay on top of tending it.
- Composting is a great way to add nutrients to your soil.
- Not into composting? You can still put your kitchen scraps to use!
- Consider adding a misting system to ease watering.
- Containers are particularly prone to drying out in hot weather. Some water-saving strategies help your potted plants thrive.
- Consider some tech tools that strengthen your green thumb!
- Bound by Beauty offers some ideas on how you can attract butterflies to your garden.
Are you ready to dig in? A great garden will take some work, but these tips and resources will ease you through!